Today I will show you a canvas created for the 13 Arts October Challenge. The theme of the challenge is:
Below is the image for the October challenge at the 13 Arts blog.
Rules of challenge #11:
1. Please create a symmetrical project, inspires by one of four photos you can see above – you can be inspired by colors, theme, composition or other element from the photo. Please write in your post what has inspired you.
2. Please use in your project minimum one medium (like gesso, paint, ink, gel medium, mist etc)
3. Publish your project on your blog and add link directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the end of this post.
4. Please add link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
5.You may submit as many entries as you like.
7. You can enter with your project to maximum 2 other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started.
8. The challenge ends October the 27th at 23:59. Winners will be announced October the 31st, 2013.
When the challenge ends, our Design Team will vote and pick one best work from Poland and one best foreign work. Both will be awarded with sets of 13 arts papers and media from our shop. The winners will be invited to join us in one of our challenges as Guest Designers. Additionally we will feature few works with biggest number of points.
I got inspired from the blue butterfly in the mood board and created an 11×14 canvas. You can see the different angles below as I hang it on my wall.
I created this blue butterfly using lots of 13 Arts mediums and textures. Then I used 13 Arts sprays: Pearl Sky blue and chalkTurquoise to colour in the butterfly and the edges. I used a sponge to create the edge effect on the sides and then stamped lots of images using black archival ink.
I also used some Kaisercraft rub-ons and added many inspirational words on the background. The black punchinella pattern is actual plastic punchinella which I cut and adhere to the canvas using 13 Arts gel Medium.
The circles were created using 13 Arts gesso (which I diluted in water) and Pearl black spray. I used different sized lids to create them.
I used a toothbrush to create the splattered dots on the canvas. I diluted the ink and then dipped my brush.
To highlight the lines on the butterfly I used a black pencil I bought recently that basically writes on everything even metal.
13 Arts Materials:
Ayeeda Pearl Sky Blue spray
Ayeeda Chalk Turquoise spray
Ayeeda Pearl black
Light Molding paste
Ranger Black archival ink
stamps: BoBunny and Prima
Crafters workshop script mask
Black pencil stabilo
All the 13 Arts Products can be purchased HERE.
Have a wonderful day!!
39 total views, 0 views today